The Wife of Bath's Prologue and Tale
- Beidler P G ed. (1996) Geoffrey Chaucer The Wife of Bath, Bedford Books, Boston and New York, USA.
- Boitani P and Mann J (ed.) (2003) The Cambridge Companion to Chaucer, Cambridge University Press, England.
- Evans R and Johnson L (1994) Feminist Readings in Middle English Literature: The Wife of Bath and her sect, Routledge, London and New York.
- Kolve V A and Olson G (2005) ed. The Canterbury Tales: Fifteen Tales and The General Prologue, Norton Critical Edition, W W Norton, USA
- Lochrie K (1999) Covert Operations: the Medieval Uses of Secrecy, University of Pennsylvania Press, Philadelphia.
- Mann J (1991) Feminising Chaucer, D S Brewer, England.
- McCarthy C (2004), Marriage in Medieval England, The Boydell Press.
- Rooney A (1989) State of the Art Geoffrey Chaucer: A guide through the critical maze, The Bristol Press, England.
quod.lib.umich.edu/m/med/ - Middle English Dictionary provided by the University of Michigan. It can be searched online through Google, but unfortunately clicking a link might not access it. An invaluable resource.
englishcomplit.unc.edu/chaucer/ - Chaucer Metapage – links to everything you need to know and more!
www.colfa.utsa.edu/chaucer - excellent summaries of the debates about Chaucer in literary studies journals and books.
www.columbia.edu/dlc/garland/deweever/ a very useful Chaucer Name Dictionary.